We specialize in filing patents and in high-stakes patent litigation. We represent both patent owners and accused infringers in high-stakes patent matters in District Courts nationwide, before the International Trade Commission (ITC), and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). We have deep experience in the major centers of patent litigation, including in Northern, Central and Southern California, Delaware, Washington DC, and Texas. We are equipped to handle patent cases in any jurisdiction.
We commit to your case from day one and are hands-on in actively developing case strategy, analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of a case, evaluating potential opportunities for resolution, and preparing the case for trial. Because of this targeted and focused approach, we are able to identify key trial issues early and avoid wasteful litigation tasks such as unnecessary discovery and motion practice. Our trial-focused approach promotes efficiency and drives results.
Representative patent matters include:
- Pinn, Inc. v. Apple Inc. (Santa Ana, Central District of California, filed September 2019). Represent the plaintiff in a patent infringement action involving mobile device software and hardware products.
- Aqua Connect et al. v. TeamViewer US LLC et al. (Wilmington, District of Delaware, filed July 2019). Represent the patent owner in patent infringement actions involving remote access software.
- Scanning Technologies Innovations LLC v. Appetize Technologies, Inc. (Wilmington, Delaware, District of Delaware, filed August 2020). Represented the defendant in a patent infringement action involving point-of-sale software.
- In re Certain Exogenous Beta-Hydroxybutyrate Nutraceutical Products (International Trade Commission (ITC), Filed July 2019). Defended six respondents against a patent and antitrust complaint filed in the ITC involving weight-loss nutraceutical products. Received a complete non-institution decision for all clients across all asserted claims.
- New U Life Corporation v. Axcess Global Sciences, LLC (Patent Trial and Appeals Board, filed June 2019). Represent the patent owner in an Inter Partes Review (IPR) proceeding before the PTAB involving patented weight-loss formulations.
- RK Solutions et al. v. Equinox Nutraceuticals, LLC (Salt Lake City, District of Utah, filed October 2018). Represented the patent owner in a patent infringement action involving weight-loss nutraceutical formulations.
- Mt. Derm GmbH v. OPM (Los Angeles, Central District of California, filed January 2018). Represented the accused infringer in a patent infringement action involving permanent makeup needle cartridges.
- BioZone Labs v. Next Step Laboratories (New York City, Eastern District of New York, filed June 2018). Represented the patent owner in a patent infringement action involving skin care formulations and products.
- Adobe Systems Inc. v. Wowza Media Systems, Inc. (San Jose, Northern District of California, filed May 2011). Represented the plaintiff in a patent infringement and antitrust action involving video streaming software.
* Matter handled at a prior firm.