We assist clients in protecting trade secrets, managing risks, and enforcing and defending trade secret claims. We advise clients on practices and policies to maintain trade secret protection, including:
- “Clean room” design-around practices
- Hiring and employment practices
- Preparation of non-disclosure and intellectual property-ownership agreements
- Training programs to identify, maintain and protect trade secrets, and avoiding third-party claims
The effective handling of trade secret litigation requires a deep understanding of technology and the law, including the interplay between trade secret and patent law.
Our representative trade secret matters include:
- Actian Corporation v. ElectrifAi, LLC (San Francisco, Northern District of California, filed July 2020). Represent plaintiff in a breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, and copyright infringement action involving database software.
- Flavor Producers, Inc. et al. v. Bar Bakers LLC (Superior Court, Los Angeles, filed October 2017). Represented plaintiffs in a breach of contract and trade secret case involving formulation and manufacturing of nutritional food products.
- Raytheon v. FLIR Systems et al. (Tyler, Eastern District of Texas, filed March 2007). Represented defendant against patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation claims involving infrared detector technology.*
- Optimal Markets v. FTI Consulting, Dr. Paul Milgrom et al. (Arbitration, filed December 2008). Represented Nobel-prize winning Stanford economist and an economics consulting company in a trade secret misappropriation action involving auction software technology.*
* Matter handled at a prior firm.